Saturday, February 16, 2008

What a week...

It's been a pretty busy week for us. This week includes not only Valentine's Day, but John's birthday as well. We started his birthday week with bread pudding from Mimi on Saturday, then I made a special, "requested" dinner for John on Monday (not his birthday, but for the following reasons had to be celebrated that day.) Tuesday, I had dinner with Alissa and Cortney at a very special new restaurant in Homewood, Mama Goldberg's deli, an Auburn favorite recently opened by some good friends. Wednesday, John's birthday, John spent his evening at a dinner/interview for a firm he wants to intern with this summer, and of course, he opened gifts when he got home. We also had a surprise cake, made by my aunt Kathy, which was to-die-for. Thursday was V'day and I was surprised with beautiful red and pink tulips at work and taken to a very nice dinner at Open Door Cafe in Mountain Brook. Neither of us had ever been there, and we REALLY enjoyed the food and atmosphere. It's a very cute, laid back restaurant. We finished the busy week Friday night with a small gathering of friends for dinner, cake/ice cream, and a game of Scene It (one of John's birthday gifts) on the XBox 360. I have officially had my fill of all the sweets and chocolate I'm probably supposed to have this whole pregnancy. If I haven't gained 5 pounds this week, it's a miracle! So, we're spending our Saturday night watching a movie and laying around, which I must say makes me quite happy. It's time to rest up for the excitement of next week...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Christy I am so impressed with your work! I don't know where you find the time to keep up your blog, but it's great! I especially like the comment about the cake "to-die-for"!

Jesse Faris said...

Nick's birthday is the day AFTER Valentine's Day! I always feel a tiny bit guilty that Vday is "my" day and the next day is "his." I have a feeling we'd be sharing Vday if his birthday wasn't so close!