GIRL!! To which John's immediate response was, "What do I do with a girl?!" But don't worry about him, because he's already bought two books on raising daughters. He'll be totally prepared when our little princess gets here. He did make the ultrasound tech, Jamie, double check to be sure it was a girl, though. The doctor said everything looked healthy, so we're very excited parents-to-be. The best
news yet is that she's going to be an Auburn fan. John and I had an agreement (which probably dates back to when we got married) that all females would begin as Auburn fans and males as Alabama fans until the age when they could decide for themselves. I don't believe we decided on what age that would be, so I have a feeling he's going to try to bring some legal jargon in out the decision. I'll hold strong though; it's a binding agreement.
So, I'm sure your next question is the name, right? She'll be Lauren Isabella Hensley, and we'll call her some variation of Isabella. Lauren was my mom's name, and I just love the name Isabella. It just sounds like a princess.
Our little Auburn princess will be here in a few short months. Anyone want to go shopping?!
FRIDAY, JULY 21 - DAY 6 (NANA's BIRTHDAY)
9 years ago
6 comments:
We can't wait to meet her! I'm so glad you and John decided to find out, now we can actually call her something besides "John and Christy's baby".
I am so excited for you both!! It is going to be tough watching Caleb, Fletch and Drake fight over her though...
YEAH!!! That's awesome! I love having 2 girls! :) Ben does, too. There's just something special about daddy and daughter. John will love her and won't be able to even imagine it being any different once she is here. I'm so happy for ya'll. I love the name, too.
Hey Christy, it's Leah Hudgins. (Candace's friend)I got here from her blog. :) I'm so excited to see you are having a little girl! I noticed on your ultrasound that you are at B'ham OB/GYN. That's where I go too. Maybe Candace has told you that Tim and I are expecting #2. Maybe I'll see you there one day!
YES!!! I'm on my way to having a girl's basket ball team!!!! Love those tall fathers!!!
Actually, under the Statute of Frauds, all contracts that cannot be performed within one year must be in writing. Since the agreement was made early in our marriage and we did not start trying to have a baby until the end of last summer, then it falls within the Statute of Frauds. Since the agreement is not in writing it is void. Therefore, Isabella can still become an Alabama fan.
Post a Comment