Saturday, February 2, 2008

We're having a baby and other news

So, I've been inspired by my sister and Sally to try this blogging thing out. We'll see how it goes. This past few months have been very eventful for my family. The biggest blessing in mine and John's life recently though, and part of the reason I'm starting this blog is our new little one that's on the way. I'm 18 weeks pregnant right now, and it's going very well. I get lots of questions on how I'm feeling and what my tummy looks like (from those that haven't seen me recently.) We find out the baby's sex in one more week, which will be quite exciting for many reasons... #1 shopping!!, #2 finally having a name for the baby rather than he/she, and #3 so my husband and sister will quit correcting me if I call the baby the wrong sex (John calls it him and Lauren calls it her.) This is a picture of our little baby when I was 11 weeks pregnant, and I love this picture because you can see his/her little foot and hand. I will be keeping everyone up-to-date, as much as possible on the news I get regarding our sweet baby.







Here I am yesterday (18 weeks pregnant), so there's still not too much to see. I'm definitely growing though.




So, as for other things going on in our lives. Well, John's beginning his second semester in law school at Samford University and seems to really be enjoying himself. For those that know how much he likes to argue or "debate" this may seem like quite a natural choice for him. I'm also learning a lot more about the law than I thought I ever wanted to know. I'm considering sitting for the bar at the same time as him just to see how I do. He insists on reading from his law books to me and the baby every night, so I'm really becoming very intelligent and I'm sure this little baby will be able to argue with the best of them when he/she makes an appearance.




Our little beagle, Rocky, had a stroke of the spinal cord a few months ago. He's only 3 1/2 years old, so it was a shock when we got up one Sunday morning and he couldn't use his back legs. He spent a week at a specialty clinic, and has recovered nicely. He seems to be back to his normal, lazy self again.



Over Christmas, mine and John's family went to Nashville. Some of us (this doesn't include John) went to see the Rockette's on Christmas eve and then to ICE! on Christmas day. ICE! is a building kept at 9 degrees and is full of ice sculptures. The theme this year was the Grinch, and it was pretty amazing to see all the work that went into it.


This is me and John in our huge parkas (provided by the facility.) And then, me and my sister, Lauren kissing the Grinch.

This is my grandmother going down the ice slide, which was quite humerous.

So, I'll be trying to keep this up-to-date with the latest baby news and other Hensley family happenings. Check back in a week and I'll let you know whether we're having a girl or boy.

9 comments:

Mary Virginia said...

Hey Christy,
Great blog! You look wonderful! I'm excited to be your first commenter. I wish that I could be there to take you to the Olive Garden. Didn't get to go this time - we're back in hot hot Brazil now. Glad you had fun in Nashville. Good luck on the bar to both of you!
Mary V

Candace said...

Love the blog Christy! I suppose I should start updating mine.

Sally Miller said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm glad I could inspire you and am so looking forward to all that you will have to share. I can't wait to hear boy or girl on Friday!

Lauren said...

You did so good! Much better than my first blog! I hope to update ours soon. Love you!

Kristy said...

Hi, friend! Good to see you on here. I have one too although I'm not the best at maintenance. Add me to your list though, and I'll add you to mine.

www.whisperofhope.blospot.com

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I'm so glad that you found my blog and left a comment. It has been way too long! I think since my wedding...5 years in May! I feel like we were just in St. Louis together. Ha, ha!!! That was random, huh? Glad we moved past that time. Oh well, so glad we can keep up now. Congratulations on your big news!!! That's awesome! Can't wait to hear what it is. I'm adding you to my list. :)

Anonymous said...

christy! congrats on the baby! i wish yall the best!

Kimberly said...

Hey girl. I am glad I found your blog. I love reading everyone else's blog, although I do not have one myself. I am looking forward to hearing more.

Jesse Faris said...

Yay! So happy to find you in blogging world, friend! Congrats on your exciting news!