Sunday, February 24, 2008

And we have a theme...

Another busy week is behind us, but the BIG accomplishment of the week is that I've picked out my baby's crib bedding AT LAST. What this really means is that I now have a baby theme and can do more SHOPPING!! So, here's the story. I've been looking for just the right bedding and theme for the room and have truly hunted and agonized over this important decision. Should we go with a very girly/pink room or something more generic that can be used a second time if we were to have a little boy. Oh, the choices... You can't pick colors for the room without a theme, as you all know. My friend, Sally, told me about this great website/store where they make custom bedding, with tons of fabrics I just loved. In fact, I was going to the store in Fairhope this coming weekend just to see what I should get, when I happened on the perfect bedding at Pottery Barn Kids. Of course, you'd know that I picked the bedding that was no longer available and isn't going to be made anymore. It just so happened to be the one John liked the best too. So, everything else I showed him to get an opinion, I got this comment instead, "I really like the Twinkle Little Star better." To which I would reply, "Me too, but it's not available anymore." Well, not being one to give up, I did an internet search for some other vendor selling something close to what we wanted. When that failed, I drove to the store and of course, didn't see the Twinkle Little Star pattern anywhere. Still not giving up, I asked the very tired salesperson if she could please check and see if they had it anywhere in the store. She said they probably didn't, but she'd ask someone in the stockroom. Well, you'll never believe it (but I guess this would be a terrible story if this weren't the case) but they did have it in stock and it was on SALE!! So, I got exactly what John and I really wanted, and at an extremely discounted price. I feel very accomplished today, and quite proud of my perseverance.

It's hard to see just how cute it is until you see it in person, but once we have a room together I'll post new pictures. Our little girl's crib is a dark cherry wood, but I think the room will probably be yellow, or maybe blue or green. As you can see, there are so many decisions to be made. This is only the beginning!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

It's the most beautiful bedding I've ever seen! Perfect for my little niece! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! I love you!

Unknown said...

Very androgynous! I am also proud of your perseverance.

Sally Miller said...

Christy, I love this! How great that you found exactly what you were looking for and something you and John both love. Can't wait to see it in person!