Sunday, July 25, 2010

Just add milk... I don't think so

So, this weekend I decided to get crazy in the kitchen and make blueberry oatmeal muffins from SCRATCH.  Yes, you heard me.  My mom would probably laugh, since she taught me to make everything from a box whenever it would turn out as good or better than whatever you were about to spend tons of time doing from scratch.  I didn't even know biscuits could be made from scratch until my senior year in high school home economics class.  This is intended as no offense to the wonderful woman who taught me to cook, because I whole-heartedly agree with slice-n-bake cookies and cinnamon rolls in a can.  So, don't speculate too hard on what caused this sudden personality glitch, (and I hate the term "nesting".)  I just saw this article in my new Cooking Light magazine regarding a cookbook coming out in mid-August on making healthy foods for infants/toddlers.  (I'm planning to get this cookbook too, since the recipe was a hit with Isabella.)  And I happen to have a TON of fresh blueberries I didn't know what to do with.  Regardless, I was pleased with the final product, so here you go, the beautiful blueberry oatmeal muffins.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Wish I could try one!! They look so good. And I HATE the term "nesting" too. Have we ever talked about that? Did I actually find something we've never discussed? Probably not. :)
Happy nesting!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Virginia said...

I was brought up the same way and totally agree but here it is a necessity to make everything from scratch because there are no ready made mixes to buy at the store in Brazil. We guard cake, cookie, muffin, biscuit, and brownie mixes with our lives when people bring them in their suitcases to us. At least that part will be easier when we move back. Glad they turned out. They look yummy.
-Emm vee