
There are several reasons that I decided to schedule the birth of my second child, but mostly it boils down to fear of not making it to the hospital in time. After Isabella was born, my doctor told me I'd need to be close to the hospital when my second got ready to come. If circumstances had been different, Isabella could have possibly been born outside of the hospital. So, I felt like a schedule would be nice and calm. I'd have an exit strategy for work, a plan for Isabella, and most importantly, I'd be at the hospital for Cole's entrance to the world. So, on Sunday night around 8:00, John and I checked into our hospital room and began the induction with low dose of pitocin around midnight. My plans to get a good night's sleep went out the window with the beeping monitors and medication and by the time I got the epidural at 5:45 am, I was totally exhausted. John kept telling me I didn't look ready to have a baby (probably because of the expression in the picture at right) and repeatedly told me to "get my game face on." I think part way through pushing Cole out I looked at him and said, "Is this a good enough game face for you?!" Everything went pretty smoothly, what with such a great coach by my side. John made sure I was awake and ready and Cole was born at 9:08 am and weighing 7 lbs. 5 oz. and 21 inches long. We're so happy and excited to meet our sweet little boy!
1 comments:
YAY!!! Baby Cole is here!! Precious little boy. I love him so much.
I love the picture of Isabella in your hospital bed. Too cute.
Post a Comment