Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's been two years

This is the two year anniversary of my mom's passing. I went to see her grave yesterday and sat down to talk to her. I didn't have much to say outside of how much I miss her and how much we all need her here. I kept reading her gravestone, which says her favorite quote, "Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." It's inspiring really. I aspire to be a person that embodies that quote, who remembers that what we see in the people we meet is only the surface. She was such a special woman. I miss you, Mom.



As a side note for anyone dealing with a similar loss in their life, I've been reading a book that my good friend, Tarrah recommended to me. It's called "Motherless Mothers" by Hope Edelman. It's helping me put some emotions in perspective. I recommend it for anyone dealing with the emotions of becoming a mom, especially following the loss of their own.

1 comments:

marga said...

I really miss her too. You are so much like her--I know she would be proud of you!