Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Proud mama

Isabella took her first steps today!! The first was kind of a shuffle, but the second try was definitely a step. She was so proud of herself. When she looked up at me with a sparkle in those sweet blue eyes and a huge grin on her face, I could tell she knew she'd accomplished something big. I can't describe the pride I feel watching her accomplish new things. I feel the most incredible sense of joy just seeing the pride and happiness in her face. My heart swells with love for this little girl; so much more love than I'd ever realized possible. It truly makes my accomplishments seem secondary, when I feel so much more joy in the triumphs of another person. Way to go, Isabella! I'm cheering for you every step of the way!

3 comments:

The Little Family said...

yay Isabella!! You won't believe how many bruises she'll get on her head, so just get ready :)

marga said...

OUTSTANDING!! I just now read your blog so I didn't know until today!
Way to go!!!

Simmons Family said...

Christy! Amber gave me your blog address b/c I have been blogging about Landry as well. I can't believe Isabella is already walking! I still remember coming to her baby shower and that just felt like yesterday and now she is almost 1 and Landry is 4 months old! I hope your doing good and I am excited about following you blog now!