Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Gulf Shores

This was a more successful trip than the previous two. I sat in the back seat with Isabella and entertained her. We also packed a little less, so at the last minute we made the call and allowed Rocky to make the trip with us. He was very happy to get to come along and John enjoyed having someone join him in the front of the car. Isabella and I had a great time on the way to the beach. We didn't even have to stop! Way to go Isabella!
Ready to go!

My sister, Lauren, her husband, Cody, and my dad all came as well. My dad was staying at the Grand Hotel in Fairhope, so we went to eat lunch out there. While John, Cody, and dad played golf, Lauren, Isabella, and I enjoyed the pool. It was beautiful. I guess I should say that Lauren and I enjoyed the pool, because as you can see from the pictures Isabella didn't like it so much. I tried to put her ankle deep in the pool and let her play with the fountain and she wasn't happy with me. She liked the pool a little better as long as I was holding her, but it was a little too cold to have much fun.
the Grand Hotel


Isabella checking out the sand

Isabella's not too sure about this

And she really doesn't like it
The beach itself ended up being overcast and windy, so we never actually made it down there. Instead we enjoyed the indoor pool at the condo. Isabella appreciated the warm water and seemed to have a lot more fun with John and Aunt Lauren playing with her. Afterwards, we met up with Sally and Hannah Cate at the outlet mall. Sally and Hannah Cate came back to the condo with us and the girls enjoyed playing together. I love watching Isabella making friends. Her and Hannah Cate were so cute together. We ended the day with a dinner out at Lulu's with Cody and Lauren and then a movie to relax.
Playing in her duck float
Isabella and daddy
Aunt Lauren and Isabella playing in the pool
drying off
Isabella and Hannah Cate having a snack


dinner at Lulu's

We REALLY enjoyed the trip. It was nice to have some time with John before finals start and he has to start the serious studying. When we got home we had a surprise visit from John's mom and Aunt Donna.

Isabella and Aunt Donna

0 comments: