Thursday, April 30, 2009

10 months


Isabella's latest measurements were 17 lbs. 14 oz. and 28 inches tall. She's in the 50th percentile for height and 20th for weight. The doctor wasn't concerned because she's much more active now. When I say she's much more active, she truly is. She's crawling everywhere and pulling up on anything within reach. She opens every cabinet and drawer she sees and as a general rule, everything in her hand is eventually in her mouth. The latest thing I've caught her with is Rocky's food in her mouth. (She pitched a fit when I removed it and told her it was for Rocky.) Isabella has two more teeth coming in on the top, which are making her a little more irritable. As a general rule, though, she's a very happy baby (or do I start calling her a little girl soon?!) She's given up walking (with assistance) for the speed of crawling. I feel like steps could be coming anytime though, because she will occasionally stand with very little assistance. She's putting it all together.



One of my favorite things lately is when Isabella wakes up in the morning. I pick her up and take her to the rocking chair and she lays on my chest and we rock for a little while. This all started because she gets really upset when I put her down to change her diaper immediately after just picking her up. So, we sit and spend a few quiet moments just being together in the morning. I hold her and cherish the feeling, becuase I'm told so often that it'll end someday and she'll be too big for mommy to hold and cuddle with her. I'm just going to enjoy our time to rock in the chair for as long as it lasts.

(These school pictures were taken at 9 1/2 months but it's a good time to post them, since I just got them back.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful!!! What a little camera hog!!! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful little girl...not baby anymore!!