Isabella hasn't really gotten the hang of sleeping through the night. This isn't a secret to those who are around me and John because we're always tired. I think I've finally hit the bottom though, and have decided that it's time for drastic measures. So, we're trying the "cry it out" method. I've interviewed parents of all ages and most have tried this with at least one or more children. Most tell me that it works wonders, so we're trying it. On Thursday night we attempted it once and Isabella cried for a full hour before falling asleep. On Friday, it was better; she cried for 15 minutes and woke several times that night, but the crying didn't last any more than 15 minutes at a time. It's gradually decreased until last night, and she slept from 8:30 pm-4:30 am without waking! She only cried for 3-4 minutes when I put her down in her bed. Now I will say that I've "broken the rules" and picked her up from her crib when she's really upset and I've gotten her out of her bed to change her diaper, but I think we've all handled this adjustment very well. Now, if this trend will continue, I can begin my am workouts again and feel rested at the same time. I will be meeting my resolution, decreasing the frequency at which I seem to be sick, and improving my general mood, all at one time.
For those of you blessed parents that haven't had any sleep issues, be thankful. But be prepared for the next child because everyone I spoke with had some sleep issues with at least one! I'm praying that John and I are blessed with more children, but I'm hoping that the next one is a better sleeper!

Isabella is trying out her new umbrella stroller that grandma gave her for Christmas
Here she is demonstrating the rain protection
1 comments:
Love the one sock look...seems like that was one that her dad always loved! Sure brings back memories.
Hang in there...it WILL get better...or she'll be leaving for college at some point!
Post a Comment