Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

And can I just say... What an exhausting day! Isabella wouldn't take a nap all morning because there was just too much going on for her to go to sleep and possibly miss something! She was too cute, though. She really enjoyed opening gifts even if she didn't know what was going on. I'd help her put her hand on some paper and she'd rip it off. She was actually quite good at it, but I'd have to pry the paper away from her so she could finish opening the gift.


I can't wait for next year when she'll be more excited about everything. I'm so looking forward to the next few years!

John, Isabella, and I all went to John's mom's loft downtown for breakfast, and enjoyed time with his family. Our little neices are so cute; Sophia's three years old and Ellie's two. They were fun to watch as they played with their new toys. There's just something so joyful about watching children on Christmas morning. Isabella spent time with her grandparents and cousins, and her daddy read a book to her. She was so sweet and fun.


I love this tradition that John's mom has with her tree. She puts up picture ornaments every year, and it's so fun to see the changes in her family over the years.

Sophia and Ellie opening their gifts


Giving her grandma some love
Quality daddy and Isabella time


Catching a few quick zzz's before going to Mimi's house

Then we went to my grandmother's house for lunch, and enjoyed time with my family. We don't exchange gifts anymore because our family has grown so large, instead we play "dirty Santa" and exchange our gifts that way. It's usually very funny and brings some good laughs. We watched a video of our family over many Christmases, and it was so great to see my mom laughing and my great grandparents opening gifts. What a special day sharing this first Christmas with Isabella. We were extremely exhausted, but very happy and content. And I'm pretty sure neither John nor I ate again the rest of the day.

Mimi bought this Christmas dress for Isabella

Uncle Lindsay helping Isabella open her gift

She likes it!

my Aunt Kathy is the best at getting Isabella to sleep... too bad it was just before lunch began

0 comments: