Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!



My little pumpkin had her 4 month doctor's visit today. John took her since he's out of class today. She's officially 13 lbs. 9 oz. and 24 1/2 inches long, which puts her in the 50th percentile for weight and height. She's almost doubled her birth weight now!

She's really enjoying halloween, as you can see in these pictures, but she did not enjoy the doctor's visit. She seems to have this ability to know when we're trying to talk to the doctor and she cries (or screams) so loudly that it's hard to hear what he's saying. Without fail, it's happened everytime. And yes, it's before she's had her shots, which she also disliked. She's so upset afterwards that I hated not being there to help comfort her, but at the same time I'm very glad not to be the one taking her. It's tough as the parent to watch her experience something so painful, especially when she doesn't understand the reason for it.


Anyways, this week has been full of Halloween spirit at our house. We carved our pumpkin and John watched a scary movie (because I do NOT watch scary movies.) We had planned to watch Charlie Brown's Halloween movie, but our DVR messed up the recording and we watched Barak Obama's 30 minute show instead. I will go out on a limb and say it wasn't nearly as fun to watch as Charlie Brown.

3 comments:

marga said...

What a great pair of pumpkins!!! Tell John (and you) that you did a great job on both!!!

Too cute! Thanks for sharing!

Lauren said...

She is the cutest pumpkin I've ever seen! Those are great pictures! Give her a kiss from Aunt Lauren. I miss her and you!

Lauren said...

by the way...that top picture looks just like you!