Isabella is 2 1/2 weeks old now; I just can't believe how big she's getting. She's not doing anything really exciting, but it seems like I could just watch her sleep or make funny faces.
She makes so many precious noises and her facial expressions are adorable. I guess that's the new mom in me. We went to see the pediatrician on July 5th and she was doing great. She's growing like she should and everything was normal. We see the pediatrician again this coming Monday, and I'll post another update after that.
This picture is one of John helping Isabella do one of the few activities she participates in right now.
My days are alot alike. I feed Isabella every 2 hours and play with her or nap during the hour in between. I try to get rest when she's resting but it's hard to get sleep in such small windows. My family has been so supportive and helpful these last few weeks, and John's been a wonderful dad and husband. He's great with Isabella; you can tell she already adores him.
My days are alot alike. I feed Isabella every 2 hours and play with her or nap during the hour in between. I try to get rest when she's resting but it's hard to get sleep in such small windows. My family has been so supportive and helpful these last few weeks, and John's been a wonderful dad and husband. He's great with Isabella; you can tell she already adores him.
John and I went out on a date for dinner on Saturday night while his mom kept Isabella. We were only able to go for about an hour since Isabella is eating so often, but it was nice to get out of the house just the two of us. I'm looking forward to when we all get out a little more often. The doctors have recommended that we not take her in public for at least 4-8 weeks, and we shouldn't start bottle feeding for 3-6 weeks. But I'm just enjoying my quiet time with her at home. She's such precious little blessing for us and I already can't imagine my life without her.


3 comments:
The picture of John and Isabella is just too funny! I guess he hasn't recovered from childbirth yet, huh? Thanks for sharing! Loved it!
Let me know when I can babysit again!
She is just beautiful!
Mary V
She is so sweet! I love those two pictures you posted. I'm glad you're adjusting well and just enjoying being a mommy! :)
Post a Comment