To celebrate Halloween, we carved pumpkins as is our annual tradition, but this year Isabella really got into it. She loved every step, from cleaning out the inside to the carving. She'd tell me, "Get out Mommy! It's my turn!" So, cleaning the seeds out took a little longer than usual. She also decided we should carve a ghost and a spider. Isabella enjoys talking about ghosts right now. She'll say, "My daddy will get that ghost. The ghost can't get me." I'm not actually sure where she got the idea that a ghost might get her. Maybe John's been letting her watch some scary Halloween movies.
Isabella talked about dressing up for weeks before Halloween and was pretty excited about being a cat and Cole being a "punkin." She wasn't too sure about me drawing whiskers on her face but I think she enjoyed the dress up part. I'm glad she liked her costume since I bought it a year ago on sale after Halloween! She was pretty adorable all dressed up, but I guess I'm partial.
We took Cole and Isabella to Boo at the Zoo and had a great time. Isabella found out that there are magic words, a.k.a. "trick-or-treat" and when you say them, people hand you candy. We went down Candy Cane Lane and she trick-or-treated and got so into it that she started saying trick-or-treat to people walking around the zoo. That was definitely her favorite part, although she did enjoy the train and the carousel too. She kept a tight grip on her trick-or-treat bag all night.
I hope everyone had a happy Halloween and enjoyed trick-or-treating as much as Isabella did!
| John and Cole ready to ride the train at the zoo |
| Cole got bored pretty quickly |
| Isabella loved trick-or-treating! |

1 comments:
LOVED the pics!! Please let me know so I can go with you to the zoo if you are here next year!
Post a Comment