So, I haven't been very good about keeping this blog up-to-date. We've had a very busy couple of weeks. John is getting ready for exams, which start April 25, so he's been at the library a lot lately. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep myself occupied so that I'm not distracting him if he does happen to be home or not whining about the fact that he's not home and therefore not hanging out with me. So, I've been scheduling myself with lots of little projects or friends to hang out with.
The latest pregnancy update is that I don't have gestational diabetes!! Some of you probably have no idea how stressed I was about the possibility of this diagnosis. The doctors would have to put me on a very restrictive low sugar diet, which in itself is extremely difficult for me, but add to that all the other pregnancy related diet restrictions and I felt like I wouldn't be able to eat anything fun at all. So, I'm very relieved to inform you all that I am allowed to have sugar!! Otherwise, everything is going according to schedule. Little Izzy is growing and moving all the time. Her heart rate continues to be a perfect 140 bpm (should be between 120-160 bpm.) That's my girl! John's reading
her bedtime stories when he gets to take a break from studying, and we're just enjoying our last few months of good rest.
The picture I'm posting is the chair we ordered for our nursery. The room color has yet to be officially decided, but it'll be some shade of blue. Yes, I realize that I'm breaking the rules for a little girl room, but that's my favorite color and I'm a girl, so I'm doing it. This is actually the color and the fabric for the chair also, but you may not be able to see the fabric very well. For those of you that come to see our nursery in person, I'll let you test the chair, because it's quite comfortable and John approved it for his height as well.
1 comments:
If I have a girl, I'm doing blue too! I'm all for the unconventional! :) Wish I could have seen you this weekend, but hopefully soon--maybe at a shower for you!!!
Post a Comment